10 DIY Decorating Ideas for a Cozy Thanksgiving
Making the holidays a special time for your friends and family can sometimes seem like you’re fighting a losing battle. However, with some simple DIY projects you may just find it’s easier than you think. Using decorative ribbon for DIY crafts, budget home decor, and more is easier than you think. Get inspired by these 10 DIY ideas for a cozy Thanksgiving!
- Try mixing silk ribbon with our leaf cotton print ribbon to make a unique and easy bow. Corn stalks have long been a favorite for fall decorating.
Ribbons Used: Leaf Print Cotton Ribbon, Antique Gold 100% Silk Ribbon, Antique Gold Burlap String
- Why stick with boring old placecards? Try this simple cornicopia place setting instead! Twist some paper, tape, and embellish with ribbon and tags!
Ribbon Used: Yellow Mini Pom Pom Trim, Natural Twisted Burlap Cord
Grab some fresh produce and get stacking in a pot! You can use dowels as reinforcement, and don’t forget to finish off with a bow!
Ribbon Used: Taffeta Pom Pom Edge Ribbon
Running short on time? Take some beautiful velvet ribbon and tie around your Thanksgiving table cutlery for a chic and easy look!
Ribbon Used: Burnt Orange Velvet Ribbon
- Acorns symbolize fall, but can be super messy. Make your own large acorns with May Arts’ burlap string and paper cord. Twist around a styrofoam form, and tie off with a loop so you can hang anywhere.
Ribbon Used: Natural Burlap String, Natural Paper Cord
- Start with a stryofoam ball or an old dollar store pumpkin and wrap the pumpkin in ribbon. Finish with a realistic stem.
Ribbon Used: Vintage Frayed Cotton Ribbon
- Make simple garland you can hang anywhere in the house. Cut out acorn shapes. Embellish with pieces of burlap ribbon, and our gold glitter ribbon. String together the shapes with burlap string!
Ribbon Used: 2.5″ Natural Burlap Ribbon, Burlap String, Gold Glitter Ribbon
We don’t think it can get much simpler. Load up on pumpkins, and wrap with bows. The whole neighborhood will wonder at how chic you are!
Ribbon Used: Ivory Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
- Mixed media projects can make lovely home decor! Find an old bottle and wrap in different ribbon. Embellish with a scrapbooking 3D sticker.
Ribbon Used: Frayed Cotton Ribbon, Fall Leaf Print Cotton Ribbon, Orange Twisted Burlap String
- We all are searching for that perfect Thanksgiving table. Keep it simple! Grab a bottle, wrap burlap ribbbon around it. Zig zag baker’s twine over top, and finish with a cut felt leaf. Fill with flowers!
Ribbon Used: Gold Damask Print Burlap Ribbon, Red & White Baker’s Twine
What are you waiting for? Get crafting with these lovely Thanksgiving ribbon crafts.