DIY: Ribbon Embellished Flip Flops
Flip Flops don’t usually get much attention. They sit quietly in the corner of the closet wait patiently their use during the summer, wishing they could be the cute sandals that everyone wants to wear. Don’t let you flip flops wish any longer…with a few yards of ribbon they will be walking out with pride.
- 4 yards, May Arts 5/8 Inch Grosgrain Variegated Stripes WK-8-17 (for larger sizes you will need up to 6 yards of ribbon)
- 1 pair of flip flops
Here is what you do:
- Cut 2 , 2 yard pieces of ribbon.
- Snip off rubber straps from bottom of flip flop.
- Fold ribbon piece in half and tie knot
- Thread loose ends of ribbon through the hole at the toe of the flip flop from the bottom up.
- Pull ribbon towards heal and fold about ½ inch from heal end. Thread folded end through side hole in flop. Tie knot. Repeat with 2nd ribbon end. This may need adjustment for different sizes just check the fit once the ribbons are pulled up to the top.
- Secure ribbon knots in bottom holes with glue. Let dry completely.