Create Your Own Aloha Card
Good morning! Chrissy here to bring you another project using stamps from PSA Essentials. I was able to work with the “Life’s A Beach” Peel & Stick stamps. Since the set I worked with was a tropical theme, I had an idea for the perfect type of card.
I created this card using the Houndstooth template from Crafter’s Workshop and my ultra fab Dylusions ink. While the ink was drying, I stamped my hibiscus flowers onto white cardstock. Now I decided to dress them up in old school style by using Stickles on them. Sometimes, there’s no school like the old school!
I set them aside and waited for them to completely dry before fussy cutting them out and mounting them with foam pop dots. I arranged them around the placement of my honu, the turtle. I wanted to keep with the “aloha” vibe so I went for a lei kind of look.
My final touch was some fabulous May Arts twisted burlap along the bottom. It looked “off” so I added a small bow tied with the same burlap. I didn’t have the right alphas to complete the look so I went with good old fashioned handwriting and some doodling.
Thank you for taking a look and checking out my card.
- Ribbon – May Arts “Twisted Burlap String” (363-10)
- Stamps – PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Stamps “Life’s A Beach”
- Cardstock – American Crafts
- Ink – Ranger Dylusions “Pure Sunshine”, Sharpie Fine Tip Pen
- Mask – Crafter’s Workshop 6×6 Template “Mini Houndstooth”
- Glitter Glue – Ranger Stickles “Turquoise”, “Purple”, “Fruit Punch”, “Lime Green”, “Yellow”, “Pink”
- Honu – my stash
Blog post by: Christina Colón
Be sure to comment to win 3 spools of ribbon!