DIY! Restyled Pirouline Pencil Holders
A new school year is right around the corner! Get excited for back to school by personalizing your workspace! Katie Smith of Punk Projects shows us how to transform a recycled Pirouline can into a fun, eye-catching pencil holder. It’s sure to bring a pop of personality to any desk space! Read on to learn how.
Restyled Pirouline Pencil Holder Created By Katie Smith
Hi everyone! Katie here with my first project on the May Arts blog and I am thrilled to be here! One of my favorite types of crafts are recycled projects. I love upcycling and restyling things that may have otherwise been thrown away, so for this project I used empty Pirouline Cookie tins. These tins are perfect for holding school supplies and crafting tools, and I love the fun prints from May Arts Ribbons. Just follow these few simple steps, and you’ll have beautiful new school supplies to show off on your desk!
Step 1: Run a strip of adhesive around the top outside edge of the tin using the Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Runner, and wrap a piece of ribbon around the tin, trimming off extra where the ends meet.Step 2: Repeat step 1 all the way down the tin, applying adhesive and wrapping ribbon around the tin until you reach the bottom.
Step 3: Use the 1″ Adhesive Flag Banner Ribbon as trim, by adhering it along the top of the tin.And voila! Your new pencil holder is complete! Repeat these steps on multiple tins to create the full effect below.
I hope you enjoy this new addition to your workspace–thanks for stopping by! – Katie
- May Art’s 3/4 Inch Ivory Canvas w/Print Ribbon in “Tape Measure” (SKU 413-34-07)
- May Art’s Dreamcatcher Trend – 3/4 Inch Ivory Canvas w/ Print Ribbon in “BLACK/BROWN FEATHERS” (SKU 413-34-25)
- May Art’s Dreamcatcher Trend – 3/4 Inch Ivory Canvas w/ Print Ribbon in “BLACK/BROWN SPARROWS” (SKU 413-34-26 )
- May Art’s 1 Inch Adhesive Flag Banner in Navy (SKU A486-1-03)
- May Art’s 1 Inch Adhesive Flag Banner in Fuschia (SKU A486-1-22)
Other Supplies Used:
- Empty Pirouline Tins
- Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Runner