Home Decor: Farmhouse Ribbon Pumpkins
I am so excited about our new blog post this week, I just had to write an introduction! We are thrilled to introduce Jessica Kirkland of Pen & Paper Flowers! Jessica is a talented crafter, photographer, and graphic designer (just to name a few!) who created the most adorable ribbon pumpkin project using our ribbons! These rustic, hand-made pumpkins will be the perfect addition to your fall décor. Scroll below to view Jessica’s full tutorial! I hope you love it as much as we do ♡
Farmhouse Ribbon Pumpkins ?Created By Jessica Kirkland of Pen & Paper Flowers
Hello May Arts Ribbon friends! I’m Jessica from Pen + Paper Flowers, and I’m so happy to be here today. The Fall season has arrived and pumpkin season is in full swing! With that said, I’m going to show you how to use some gorgeous ribbons from May Art’s Ribbons, and mason jar bands to create these charming Farmhouse Pumpkins for your Fall décor. Let’s get started!
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make one pumpkin:
May Art’s Ribbons
- Approximately 7-yards for the body of your pumpkin (See end of tutorial for specific SKUs)
- Up to 1-yard for creating the stem of your pumpkin (See end of tutorial for specific SKUs)
Other Supplies Used
- 24 mason jar bands (regular or wide mouth)
- 5-6 cinnamon sticks
- Twine or string (for assembling your pumpkin and to create your pumpkin stems)
- Glue gun
- Optional: Wire craft twine (to create corkscrew pumpkin vine accents for stem)
Wrap each mason jar band with approximately 9-inches of ribbon, securing with hot glue.STEP TWO
String together all of the ribbon-wrapped mason jar bands.STEP THREE
Tie both ends of the string tightly together to form a pumpkin shape.STEP FOUR
Tie together a bundle of cinnamon sticks using twine. Make sure the bundle will fit snugly into the center of the pumpkin!
Create the pumpkin stem. Get creative with your pumpkin stems using the following ideas:
- Wrap your cinnamon sticks with May Arts Ribbon. Secure with hot glue.
- Tie a cute bow around cinnamon sticks using May Art Ribbon for a more feminine finish.
- Add pumpkin leaves using cardstock or decorative paper. (I even used brown cupcake liners – shown below).
- Add a corkscrew vine by wrapping wired twine around a marker or similar object and then wrap around the base of the cinnamon pumpkin stem (shown below).
STEP SIX (Final Step!)
Secure cinnamon stick pumpkin stems to the center of the mason jar pumpkin using a hot glue gun, and then put your pretty pumpkins on display!
I hope you love how this adorable Fall craft project turned out. They are super easy to make and are super versatile. Simply select some pretty May Arts ribbon to match your home décor preferences and you’ll have some adorable Fall pumpkins to add warmth to your home. – Jessica
Here are the Beautiful May Art’s Ribbons I Used:
- Ribbon for Large Pumpkin and Wrapped Stem
- Ribbon for Small Pumpkin (using regular mason jar bands)
- Ribbon for Bow on Stem