Easy Craft For Kids: Pom-Pom Monsters
If you’re like me, time is your most precious commodity. Today’s project takes only about 10 minutes and is totally kid friendly! You may want to supervise the glue gun with little ones.
Is she just not the cutest monster on the block? I saw this idea on Pinterest crafts for Valentine’s Day but I think these little cuties would be adorable as birthday party favors, decorations or even as gifts. Mine is going in my husband’s car as a little surprise. 🙂 I think they’d also be adorable in black yarn for Halloween. Here’s the best part – they cost almost nothing to make!
I started with May Arts Wired Fuzzy Pom Pom Ribbon (346 -22). The original used chenille stems but I think these are sooo much cuter!
Here are the rest the rest of the supplies:
You’ll need two toilet paper rolls, a roll of yarn and a package of wiggly eyes and your glue gun in addition to the Wired Pom Poms. (Hmmm…looks like the tp rolls are shrinking!) Everything was in my craft closet so no shopping involved! Love that!
- Hold your tp rolls together then begin winding your yarn around the two rolls as shown. You’ll want to wind until you a nice full amount. The more you wrap, the fuller your monster will be.
- Slip another piece of yarn between the two tp rolls. Pull and tie securely around the center of the wound yarn. Slip the yarn off the tp rolls. Cut through the wound yarn on both sides of the tie, making sure not to cut your ties.
You should have a nice full pom-pom.
- Now flip the pom-pom over, flatten it out and trim as desired. Now just grab your glue gun and glue on your May Arts Wired Pom-Poms. Cut 6 -8, fold in half and hot glue to the top. Glue on your wiggle eyes and done!
I think I love her! Thanks for joining us on the May Arts blog!
Other Supplies Used:
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls
- Wiggle eyes
- Scissors/Hot glue/Glue gun